Looking to take your digital product global? A localization testing strategy is key to your success. Localization testing is the process of ensuring that your product is ready for release in another region or country. It’s important to get it right, as localization testing can turn into a complex, expensive and time-consuming process. Here is our complete guide to help you get started.
What is Localization testing?
Localization testing for mobile and web applications is a form of software testing that helps understand the suitability of your digital product for a particular culture or locale. A good localization testing company will help you get insights into potential issues or glitches with the region-specific features of the product such as the vocabulary, currency, user interface, and date and time. Based on the targeted region and the language, localization testing services verify the functionality and usability of the product. The primary aim of localization testing is to ensure that the product meets the cultural, functional, and linguistic requirements of the end-users.
Why is localization testing important?
Localization testing services are critical if you intend to expand your product reach to new cities or countries. Experts believe that customers are more inclined to use a localized product that meets their needs, while those who experience linguistic or cultural blunders tend to opt-out of the service or the product. In other words, a positive user experience equals greater sales.
Scalability and cost savings are further advantages of localization testing software. Although initial testing may take some time, putting this method in place will allow future releases and tests to be completed quickly.
How does localization help boost your business?
There are multiple ways through which localization testing for mobile and web applications offered by the best localization testing company like Oprimes can help to boost your business. Some of these factors are mentioned below:
- Providing Global Opportunities: Localization testing done by a top localization testing partner like Oprimes helps increase the reach of the product to larger audiences. Meeting the basic demands of the local language, currency, and user interface helps give your product a competitive edge and allows you to enter untapped markets.
- Helps in Scalability: Once the product is developed, it becomes important to make it accessible to a larger audience at the right time and at the appropriate scale. Building localization potential through localization testing tools during the initial stages of the product development helps the localized version reach the market at the earliest.
- Enhances testing process: Localization testing when done with a top localization testing partner like Oprimes is useful to pick up errors in the translations and locate the cultural differences. This testing process is important for your product’s global outlook and helps scrutinize the region-specific issues that the product might face.
What are the steps involved in the localization testing process?
The localization testing process may slightly differ for apps, websites and software. However, these are some of the recommended steps a localization testing partner follows:
- Create a Suitable Testing Environment: The first step is to arrange the testing environment. This includes installing the required software and tools and configuring them according to the project requirements
- Prepare a Guide for Testers: When you are going for localization crowd testing, it is important for the testers to understand the aspects they must focus on. A comprehensive guide must be prepared to inform testers what to test, the testing process and the expected deliverables.
- Conduct Localization Testing: Once the environment is set and the tester knows what needs to be done, localization testing can be conducted. This process can be further divided into two types – functional testing and linguistic testing. Localization testers check if the software or app is working as intended in the target market. They also check if the translated content is accurate and culturally relevant.
- Generate Localization Test Reports: After the localization testing is completed, a report is generated which includes all the bugs that were found during testing along with their severity. Based on the report, necessary changes can be made to the software or app before it is launched in the target market.
What are the best practices for localized testing?
There can be several challenges that your product might face before being launched in a new region. To detect and face these challenges well in time, follow these best practices for localization testing:
- Be cognizant of different cultures
- Start your test in the early stages to reduce cost and increases efficiency.
- Interpret data appropriately
- Design different test cases for localization
- Follow global standards
- Hire a reputed localization testing partner like Oprimes for the best results
Localization testing can be a complex process, but following these tips and hiring an expert like Oprimes will help ensure a successful localization testing strategy.